FooGallery includes a fully customizable WordPress Carousel gallery layout. This stunning layout lets you create interactive and effective photo galleries on your WordPress site.
WordPress Carousel Gallery
Below is an example of the Carousel gallery, available in FooGallery Free and Pro. This layout rotates through the images in a gallery, creating a carousel effect.
As you can see in the above gallery, not all of the thumbnails appear at once (as they would in many other gallery layouts). However, there are multiple ways for users to navigate through the gallery:
- Navigational arrows on each side of the gallery allow you to scroll forward or backwards through the thumbnails.
- Dots below the gallery correspond to the gallery thumbs – clicking on one will move that thumbnail to the center position.
- Autoplay can be enabled for the carousel, which automatically scrolls through the images. You can set how this behaves and the time it takes to scroll through the images.
This WordPress Carousel gallery has some other notable features. Below is a screenshot of the general settings for this gallery layout, giving you an idea of what you can do with this template.
Some of the features worth noting include:
- Max Items To Show: this lets you set the maximum number of photos (or videos) to display in the carousel – we recommend using an odd number so that the main image is centered. Note that as this gallery is responsive, when viewing the carousel on a smaller screen, this number may be reduced.
- Scaling: this sets the side images to be the same size as the main image, or progressively smaller, depending on the settings you’ve chosen.
- Gutters: You can choose to have a gutter or space between the images, or you can overlap them. Using a negative number increases the degree of overlap. There are two Preset options, either for an overlap or a space between, to make your life easier.
- Side Items Click: you can change what happens when someone clicks on one of the side images – this image can either move to the center of the gallery display or it can open directly in the lightbox. Note that when you click on the image in the center it does open in a lightbox.
A Different Look
As you can see from all of the available settings, it’s possible to create quite a different look for your WordPress Carousel gallery. Here’s an example of another Carousel gallery:
Here you can see that there is a gutter between the image thumbnails, so they do not overlap at all. We’ve also made the thumbs slightly bigger and square, and have removed the border around the image, while increasing the drop shadow behind it.
Apart from the difference in appearance, you will also see that the autoplay has been disabled, leaving you to scroll though the images at your own pace. Furthermore, if you click on one of the side images, it will open it directly in the lightbox, rather than centering that image in the gallery.
You can find out more about the Carousel settings in this article.
The WordPress Carousel layout is available in all FooGallery free and pro plans.
Want to see more Demos? Click here.