FooGallery – The #1 Gallery for developers, freelancers & website owners
FooGallery allows you to create a beautiful justified gallery from your media library in less than a minute. The Justified Gallery template showcases your images in a beautiful horizontal layout, without having to crop any images. Below is a demo:
Images courtesy of Pixabay
The justified gallery template fits your images into rows of the same height, without the need to crop. As such, the thumbs for your landscape and portrait images will be the same height in the gallery. This creates an interesting staggered look when using images of different aspect ratios.
Customize Your Justified Gallery
Besides changing the row height, you can customize your justified gallery in a number of different ways, including:
- Thumb height
- Row height
- Last Row (hide, justify, no justify, right, center, left)
- Theme (dark, light or custom)
- Border Size (none, thin, medium, thick)
- Rounded Corners (none, small, medium, large, full)
- Drop Shadow (none, outline, small, medium, large)
- Inner Shadow (none, small, medium, large)
- Loading Icon (6 options, or none)
- Loaded Effect (fade-in or none)
- Hover Effect – Theme (dark or light)
- Hover Effect – Color Effect (none, colorize, greyscale)
- Hover Effect – Scaling Effect (none, scaled, zoomed)
- Hover Effect – Caption Visibility (none, on hover, always visible)
- Hover Effect – Transition (instant, fade, slide, push)
- Hover Effect – Icon (7 options or none)
Below is the same demo of the justified gallery template, but with a border, drop shadow and different hover effects:
Why Should I Use a Justified Gallery?
If you’ve been using WordPress for a while, you have certainly noticed that its gallery lacks some useful features.
Sure, it isn’t the worst, but without the help of plugins, internet users might get frustrated due to the lack of an in-built lightbox or questionable column layout.
Unfortunately, if your website is not user-friendly, your visitors will leave it more quickly. A high-quality justified gallery plugin can help you resolve this problem. If you install the FooGallery plugin, you’ll have access to justified gallery templates. In short, they will transform the way your images are displayed. Forget about rows of images of uneven heights – with the justified gallery, your images will look like a brick wall.
On top of that, FooGallery allows for a great deal of customization. Among many other options, you’ll be able to change the height of thumbs, rows, or adjust the margins to find the design that your visitors will love!
Benefits of Using FooGallery
We have already mentioned that if you install FooGallery, you’ll gain access to a justified image grid. However, the reasons why installing the FooGallery plugin is an excellent idea are far more numerous.
- Breath-taking gallery templates. Even with the free version, you’ll be able to choose from among 6 different gallery layouts that will help you transform your website without spending time on customization of your gallery. However, with FooGallery PRO, you’ll gain access to 3 additional gallery layouts!
- Video support. Though most users install WordPress gallery plugins to create galleries for images, FooGallery Pro also allows you to import videos from online video platforms, such as Vimeo or YouTube. An image is worth a thousand words, but a video is worth a thousand images. Thanks to video support, internet users will be captivated by the content on your website, and because of that, they will stay there for longer!
- In-depth customization. If you are looking for a gallery plugin that can be used out-of-the-box, then FooGallery is a great option. However, if you would like to spend a little bit more time to ensure that the design of your gallery looks exactly as you’d like, then you should know that FooGallery is highly customizable.
Because of that, it will be an excellent addition to your website, no matter whether you are running an eCommerce site or photography blog.
- Lazy loading. Images or videos can make your website more attractive, though unfortunately, if your site is full of high-quality photos, your users might need to wait quite a bit for all the content to load. However, deleting them would have a negative impact on your website.
In some cases, e.g. if you are running an eCommerce website, a lack of decent photos can have a terrible impact on the sales, as the potential customers aren’t going to rely on your words only. Fortunately, the FooGallery plugin comes with a lazy loading feature.
It means that once internet users visit a particular page, they won’t have to wait for all the multimedia content to load up. Instead, images and videos will only start loading once the users scroll down. Because of that, lazy loading improves page load time, and has a positive impact on a website’s rankings.
- Built-in lightbox. WordPress doesn’t come with a lightbox, which is a waste of opportunity. That’s another reason why installing a gallery plugin such as FooGallery PRO, which has this feature, is a good idea. This way, it will be easier for internet users to see the image in full quality. As a result, a WordPress gallery plugin with an in-built lightbox improves the user experience.
Take a look at some of the other settings for the justified gallery – check out our documentation.
This gallery template is included in FooGallery Free.
Want to see more demos? Click here.