FooGallery – The #1 Responsive Gallery for developers, freelancers & website owners
With FooGallery, you can create an amazing responsive gallery from your media library in under a minute.
The responsive image gallery is the default gallery template in FooGallery, and is available in FooGallery Free. It comes in a dark and light theme and you can customize the hover effects, borders and captions. Below is a demo with the default settings to see it in action. To see how it is responsive, just resize your browser to see how the gallery adjusts to fit to your device.
Images courtesy of Pixabay
Customize Your Responsive Image Gallery
There are so many ways to customize your responsive image gallery to make it look perfect for your brand or company. You can change almost every aspect including:
- Thumbnail size
- Spacing (between 5px – 25px, or none)
- Alignment (left, centre, right)
- Theme (dark, light or custom)
- Border Size (none, thin, medium, thick)
- Rounded Corners (none, small, medium, large, full)
- Drop Shadow (none, outline, small, medium, large)
- Inner Shadow (none, small, medium, large)
- Loading Icon (6 options, or none)
- Loaded Effect (fade-in or none)
- Hover Effect – Theme (dark or light)
- Hover Effect – Color Effect (none, colorize, greyscale)
- Hover Effect – Scaling Effect (none, scaled, zoomed)
- Hover Effect – Caption Visibility (none, on hover, always visible)
- Hover Effect – Transition (instant, fade, slide, push)
- Hover Effect – Icon (7 options or none)
Here is the same demo, but using the dark theme, different borders and different hover effects:
The responsive gallery is a versatile and easy to style option. It gives a simple yet stylish appearance to your thumbnails, but with the many customizations available to you, it’s easy to create a unique and interesting WordPress gallery. This gallery layout is available in FooGallery Free.
For more info about the responsive gallery settings, take a look at our documentation.
What Are the Benefits of a Responsive Gallery?
WordPress users often install gallery plugins to make organizing their photos easier, which is especially important if their website is full of visual content. These kinds of plugins also allow them to customize their galleries even further. WordPress plugins can also greatly improve the user experience on your website by allowing you to create a responsive image gallery.
Thanks to a responsive gallery plugin, such as FooGallery, your users won’t experience any issues displaying the photos that can be found on your website – no matter what device they use. The percentage of users who browse the internet using mobile devices, such as smartphones or tablets, increases each year. Currently, mobile users outnumber desktop users.
Because of that, using a responsive image gallery is a no-brainer. If you’re still unconvinced, let us tell you about the main benefits of a responsive design.
- Great user experience on all types of devices – If the images on a page look great only when displayed on larger monitors, then your brand will face a serious problem. That’s because, nowadays, mobile users make up the majority of internet users.
As a result, a lack of mobile-friendly design will lead to a bad user experience among more than half of your visitors. Unfortunately, it doesn’t take much for internet users to leave your website due to issues with the image gallery display. That’s because, in 2021, more and more websites are mobile-friendly, and display issues on mobile devices will make your page stick out from the crowd – and not in a good way.
Because of that, if your visitors need to do a lot of resizing and scrolling to see the images, you’ll experience lower conversion rates, which will be bad for your business. At the same time, if they experience any issues with the image display, they’ll be reluctant to return to your site later. If you are running an eCommerce company, your potential customers might go to your competitor’s website if it has a better and more mobile-friendly design.
- Boost to your website’s rankings in SERPs – If you ensure that your page is mobile-friendly, then users will like it more. And you’ll also see a difference when it comes to your website’s rankings in SERPs. That’s because user experience is one of the ranking factors search engines use. And mobile-friendliness plays a large part in user experience..
Because of that, mobile-friendly websites rank better in SERPs, therefore more people will see the name of your website when using search engines. Boosting organic traffic to your website should be your priority, no matter whether you are running a blog or an eCommerce business.
Do I Need a Responsive Gallery Plugin?
A frequent question that WordPress users ask is whether a responsive photo gallery is a necessity or just a nice addition to make their website more attractive to visitors. The issue largely depends on the type of website – is it image-heavy?
If the website contains many images, for example in the case of portfolio or photography websites and also eCommerce stores, then a responsive photo gallery will have a huge impact on user experience.
There is nothing as frustrating as having to scroll and resize pictures while using mobile devices, which happens if a website doesn’t use a responsive design. It might not be as problematic if the images are few and far between, however, if they are an important part of a page, then issues with image display could spell doom for your business.
Do I Need a Premium Version of FooGallery To Create Responsive Image Galleries?
No. Both FooGallery Free and FooGallery PRO allow you to create responsive galleries. This means that if responsiveness is the only feature that you are looking for in a gallery plugin, then FooGallery Free will suit your needs just great. Nowadays, responsive design is not something uncommon – quite the contrary, a lack of responsiveness would make your website look outdated.
That’s why even if you choose to install FooGallery Free, the galleries that you’ll be able to create are going to be responsive. However, although we have just mentioned the numerous benefits of installing a responsive gallery plugin, that doesn’t mean there aren’t amazing features that only come with FooGallery PRO. Those include:
- Stunning gallery templates – On top of the 6 gallery templates that come with the free version, FooGallery PRO gives you access to 3 additional ones – Slider, Grid, and Polaroid. You can also modify them to better suit your preferences.
- Video galleries – A picture is worth a thousand words, but videos are even better at capturing the attention of your audience. FooGallery PRO allows you to create video galleries by importing videos from Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia, or other sources.
- Tag filtering – Thanks to this feature in FooGallery PRO, you can organize your media files in the backend by using categories or tags. Then, you can add filtering in the frontend, making it easier for your users to browse your content, which is especially helpful if your website is image-rich. At the same time, it’s easy, and you don’t need extensive computer knowledge to improve the user experience.
- Dynamic galleries – If you’ve ever wanted to load a gallery from a different source, then you should know that with FooGallery PRO, it’s entirely possible.
- Custom captions – FooGallery PRO allows you to customize captions to create an even better experience for your users.
- Hover presets – When you install FooGallery, you’ll gain access to a wide array of hover effects. They will come in handy if you don’t want to spend time on customization but want to make sure that the design of your galleries is impeccable.
- Built-in lightbox – Lightboxes improve the viewing experience, but they also make browsing through your gallery more convenient. FooGallery PRO comes with a built-in lightbox that can be customized to make your image gallery even more special.
- Bulk copy settings – This is another extremely helpful feature in FooGallery PRO that allows you to take the settings from one of your galleries and easily apply them to others. It makes the process of creating highly customized galleries even faster.
Want to see more Demos? Click here.