We’re happy to announce that FooPlugins customers can now view and manage various aspects of their plugin support and update licenses. This includes upgrades and renewals.
As you may know, we use EDD to power our plugin purchases and downloads, but this does not include the EDD licensing extension. We decided to build our own licensing management system early on and have some future plans for it (more on that later).
Where to View and Manage your Licenses
Just like viewing your Purchase History, you must be logged into your FooPlugins account in order to see the new My Licenses link.
License Details and Actions
Clicking the My Licenses link will allow you to view, manage, upgrade and renew your FooPlugins licenses.
License features include:
- Date Issued – this is the date your plugin license was issued (the date of purchase).
- License Key – this is your license key (also listed in your Purchase History)
- Status – this is the current status of your license (valid, expired, etc.)
- Expires – this is the exact date your license is set to expire (one year from original purchase).
- Usage Limits – this is the number of allowed domains v.s. the number of domains with active validations. This is also where you can upgrade your license to Multi or Business.
- Activations – this is a list of all the domains to which your licenses are attached (see Detaching licenses below).
For various reasons, you may want to detach your license from a previously validated domain. Previously detaching licenses from domains was something we had to do internally and required customers to contact us via our support forms.
You can now manage your own license detachments in our system by simply clicking the Detach link next to the domain you want to remove your license validation from.
Important Note: You will see a message after detaching that has an important message. Because of the way our plugin updates API works, you must log into the site and remove the license key from the plugin options and click Save Changes.
If you miss this step, the update script will recognize your license key and reattach itself to that domain (because the license key still exists in your database).
How to Renew a License
Clicking the Renew Now link will add the plugin to your shopping cart. Renewing your license gives you access to plugin updates and support for another year.
How to Upgrade a License
Clicking the Upgrade to Multi or Upgrade to Business links will add the plugin to your shopping cart and automatically calculate the difference in price between your original license cost and the cost of the license you choose to upgrade to.
We hope you find that our new customer license management tools are useful in managing your FooPlugins licenses, renewals, and upgrades.