The wait is almost over. FooBox 2.0 is planned for release early next week. The best WordPress lightbox plugin now supports not only images, but also Video, HTML, and iFrames. Not only that, it’s also Retina Ready with font icons and includes brand new themes.
FooBox 2.0 is a Free Upgrade
All current customers will see this update in their WordPress backend.
What You Need to Know:
FooBox v2 adds the ability to open video, HTML, and iFrames within a FooBox lightbox. Video can be automated somewhat (links to videos, not embeds) through a new option on the settings page. Opening HTML and iFrames in a FooBox lightbox takes a touch of HTML.
Here’s some example code…
<a class="foobox" href="http://youtu.be/mO0g5wWVSVk">Open a video</a>
<a class="foobox" href="https://fooplugins.com" target="foobox">Open iframe</a>
<a class="foobox" data-width="600px" href="#foobox" target="foobox">Open inline</a>
<div id="foobox" style="display: none;">
<h2>HTML Content in FooBox - Cool!</h2>
[ gallery ]
Some things to note:
- You must specify which links FooBox must target by supplying a class of “foobox”, eg. class=”foobox”
- For iframe and inline content, use target=”foobox”
- You can specify a default width that FooBox will use, by supplying a data-width attribute, eg. data-width=”600px”
More FooBox Extensions
FooBox Google Analytics
This extension is available for free right here. So what does it do?
1. Allows you to track when images are opened in FooBox, as pageviews
2. Track custom events when an image in FooBox is opened
3. Track deeplink image URL or direct image URL
4. Track social shares done via FooBox
FooBox Network Settings for Multisite
This extension will be paid and allows WordPress Multisite Super Admins to optionally filter various FooBox settings for individual sites within their network. This creates a better user experience, but also provides network admins the opportunity to more easily monetize the usage of FooBox for their individual site owners (if they choose to).
Some features include:
- – a new slimmed down multisite settings page when in network admin. Includes license activation, affiliate settings and a few defaults.
- – ability to set the settings summary message at a network level
- – ability to choose default theme, color, icon and loader icon for all blogs in network
- – ability to set default CSS and JS for all blogs in network.
- – settings in each blog do not get the update nag
- – settings in each blog do not get the validation textbox or support tab
- – settings in each blog do not get the affiliate settings
We are hoping to release this extension alongside FooBox v2, but the release date could change.
FooBox Shortcode Generator
During our beta testing of FooBox v2, experienced developers were thrilled with the new FooBox capabilities. However, it became clear that not all FooBox end users will be comfortable with writing the HTML necessary as in the example code above.
We quickly got to work on writing a FooBox Shortcode Generator to make adding HTML, Video, and iFrame content easier in these cases. It turned out to be a fairly complex plugin, especially given the fact that we also decided to include a few more features than were being requested;)
This will also be a paid extension, but rest assured we’re not here to take advantage our customers, and we’re confident you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the price we’ve agreed on as a team.
We are hoping to also release this extension alongside FooBox v2, but the release date could change.