It was officially announced today that Better WP Security is now iThemes Security. Here’s what you need to know.
The End of an Era
We were fortunate enough to partner with Chris Wiegman, the developer of Better WP Security, to offer premium support and installation services over this past year. We want to give a heart-felt thanks to Chris for trusting in the FooPlugins brand and in us as individuals to ensure that his users were receiving a quality support option.
As of today, Better WP Security is no longer listed in our FooPlugins marketplace.
How to Get Support
All support and installation service purchases for iThemes Security will now be available through the iThemes.
You can view the available plans and packages on the new iThemes Security site here.
New iThemes Security Features
Here are some of the new features you’ll see in the next version of BWPS (iThemes Security):
- The jQuery scanner will tell you if your theme has an outdated and vulnerable version of jQuery
- A new option to disable PHP execution in the uploads folder
- The ability to prevent usernames from being discovered by forcing a unique nick name that is different from the username and by hiding the author archives with users who do not have a post)
- Voluntary data collection via Google Analytics to help us make iThemes Security even better
- The ability to add multiple reporting email addresses for backups and notifications
- Streamlined settings for easier configuration
- Full integration with BackupBuddy
- A complete rewrite of existing features for faster, better, more secure sites.
FooPlugins and WordPress Security
Even though we are no longer offering direct purchases of iThemes Security services, we will still be focusing on reporting and fixing any and all security issues as we find them. Both in our plugins and in WordPress itself.